Just a few days ago on March 14, 2023, Adobe released Magento version 2.4.6. Along with this new version, Adobe also sent out patches for older versions: 2.4.5-p2 and 2.4.4-p3.
Why is it important to keep you Magento Ecommerce store updated? Generally the main reasons are:
- Security fixes for identified vulnerabilitie
- Performance Enchancement
- New Features
Specifically for Magento 2.4.6 these are the changes you might want to take note of:
- Introduces support for PHP 8.2. PHP 8.1 is still fully supported but there is no more support for PHP 7.4
- Optimization of GraphQL for bulk cart operations and category tree rendering
- Redis 7.0.x support
- Elasticsearch 8.4 support
- Opensearch 2.5 support
- MariaDB 10.6 support
- Over 300 quality fixes and enhancements
Take a look at the complete release notes from Adobe here and check out Adobe 2.4 system requirements (TODO internal page) here.
If you are wondering on how to upgrade Magento 2 versions, you can take a look at this tutorial or contact us and we will be happy to help you. Adobe will support Magento 2.4.4 until 12 April 2025 and Magento 2.4.5 until 9 August 2025.